DR. VALERIE DARGAN
Office: 1204 Marie Mount Hall
Office Hours: By Appointment on Thursdays 4:45-5:45 pm
I. Course Goal and Objectives
This course will provide the student with the opportunity to develop parent education programs that address the needs of young children. Students will select their own area of interest (early childhood development, child abuse, health, safety, etc.).
- To develop better understanding of how to identify needs of parents and to write learning objectives for parent education programs;
- To develop skills in the producing a parent education curriculum and plans for field testing or pilot testing the program; and
- To visit existing parent education programs and integrate lessons learned in to the development of the student's own program.
II. Course Requirements
- Attend and participate in lectures.
- Observe two parent education programs or participate in as a service learning activity.
- Develop a parent education program of your interest, including learning objectives and plans for field testing or pilot testing the program.
1125 Cumberland Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-9331